Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The tale of 7 marathon.

October last year I set a resolution to complete 7 marathon. And today I run my no. 7.
.
I aim for a sub 5 seeing that my timing for back to back run last 2 weekend was good (at least to me).
.
For the past 2 weeks, I increase the intensity of the training despite workload at the office. I really really really wanted that sub 5 and nothing less.
.
A sub 5 marathon as the final one would be the highlight of this journey to complete the 7 marathon. And I would then happily call this a curtain call. That was what I thought earlier *drama queen alert*
.
But little that I know today I am going to eat the humble pie. My body just refuse to run. And I walk most of the time. For the first time I question myself, why going on with this torture when I know I am not going to hit the timing I really wanted.
.
But I continue walking anyway. (Partly because I cannot find the shuttle bus for those who want to DNF).
.
It was after Subuh prayer (Km 30) that I finally find my momentum to run the balance 12km. We were crossing the bridge after the dawn. And it was beautiful. And calming.
.
Then only I remember the reason why I run at the 1st place. It makes me happy. As simple as that. Just me against me, mile by mile.
.
This journey was not meant to be about PB per se. It always got to be more than that.

(Written post PIBM2016)

No comments: